The spread of the craft of blue dye in Europe relates to the Flemish, who were maintaining this craft from the 8th century.
The earliest craftmanship of blue dye was formed in Vienna in 1208. The first working partnership began in Hungary with the cooperation of the cities: Lőcse, Eperjes, Igló and Késmárk. In the second half of the 18th century were too many employees in the textiles and craft of tinctorial came into existence in the territory near to the Western part of Hungary.
Individual wanders and families settle down raising the numbers of those involved in the craft of tinctorials in Hungary. This is how the ancestors of Kluge family from Sorau, Saxony, continued the craft which took place over seven generations. In the middle of the 18th century the textile printing instruments used pigment and pickle squeezing, allowing the painters used the woad to produce the colour blue. However the carbon was already known in the middle ages, spreaded only after the beginning of the ongoing importing. One specialized branch of the blue dye craft, came about from the end of the 18th century, means the special process of the stanchion printing and textilepainting with carbon. From the 20th century beside painting with carbon appeared the synthetic carbon with better quality, the so-called „indantren”, and connection to that the stanchion printing spreaded. Both technology are presented in the limited workshops of blue dye craft in Hungary.